Step 1 - Make An Account & Activate It.
- Visit https://swgreckoning.com/register to register for an account. After registering for an account, you will receive an email containing an activation link that you will need to visit before logging in. Be sure to check your email spam folder. Your account will work for both the website and the game server.
Step 2 - Acquiring Sony's Star Wars Galaxies Installation Media
- To connect to our server, you will need a copy of the original Star Wars Galaxies client. An Empire Divided, The Total Experience, or The Complete Online Adventures work with our server. Copies of the game are still available at most major online retailers.
Step 3 - Installing Star Wars Galaxies
(Note: Skip this step and proceed to step 4 if Star Wars Galaxies is already installed.)
- Install the SWG game client by following the installation wizard instructions. Our client works best when installed to the default directory. Default location is usually Program Files for x86 systems or in Program Files (x86) for x64 systems. You do not need to start the game after install, proceed to the next step.
Step 4 - Download And Install The Reckoning Game Client
- You will need .NET Framework 4.6 or greater installed to use our Launcher. If you have a newer operating system, chances are you already have it installed. The .Net Framework can be obtained from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework or by using windows update.
- Download the Reckoning installer from https://patch.swgreckoning.com/launcher_patcher/Reckoning_Setup.exe. After downloading, install Reckoning_Setup.exe by following the installation wizard instructions. The installation wizard will check for missing Star Wars Galaxies files and download them if needed. After the wizard completes, you will be given the option launch the Reckoning Config. You will be able to change game settings such as display, audio, etc.. You can run the config later from the Launcher or startmenu if you choose.
Step 5 - Starting The Game
- Run the Reckoning Launcher from the desktop or the start menu. After the launcher opens and updates any necessary files, click "PLAY" to load the game. Enjoy!