Sign in to follow this  
Aso

Should the item storage limit be increased in houses?

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the item storage limit be increased in houses?

• Yes
    • No

Discuss below.

Edited by Aso

This would be great for decorating houses ... my attempts always hit the limit ... hard on live.

As it stands, I have a large house that will be almost full just for aesthetic decorating and I will need to place a second just for storage/crafting. Increasing the storage limit, even for an additional 100, would negate the need for a second house.

I would like to add that some houses, such as the Bunker, which have a huge area in which to be creative, could use a proportionally larger increase in capacity for items. I remember attempting a full design on one such Bunker on live, and was only able to finish out 1.5 floors worth of decoration.

They are currently set to:

Small House: 150, Medium House: 150, Large House: 250, Guild Hall: 250

I don't want to get too crazy with the values, here's what I'm thinking:

Small House: 250, Medium House: 500, Large House: 1000, Guild Hall: 1500

Edited by Aso

I would like to add that some houses, such as the Bunker, which have a huge area in which to be creative, could use a proportionally larger increase in capacity for items. I remember attempting a full design on one such Bunker on live, and was only able to finish out 1.5 floors worth of decoration.

The NGE houses will scale just as the normal houses will.

Or I'm thinking:

Small House: 250, Medium House: 500, Large House: 750, Guild Hall: 1000

Like I said, I don't want to go too wild. Those kind of numbers are still a great jump up from what it is now.

Or I'm thinking:

Like I said, I don't want to go too wild. Those kind of numbers are still a great jump up from what it is now.

1000 for guild halls would be ok, 1500 would be nightmarish to render. That's one thing to take into consideration, the amount of rendering time in houses and shops.

Or I'm thinking:

This one gets my vote.

This one gets my vote.

Yeah I'm leaning toward that one also.

The NGE Houses would follow the same scheme depending on their size.

Edited by Aso

Or I'm thinking:

I think this breakdown is perfect. The one thing I would like to add is that Small and Medium Houses right now take up the same lot count (if I'm not mistaken), so I am of the opinion that Medium should take 2 if this update goes through.

I think this breakdown is perfect. The one thing I would like to add is that Small and Medium Houses right now take up the same lot count (if I'm not mistaken), so I am of the opinion that Medium should take 2 if this update goes through.

I was thinking something along those lines.

Current is:

Small: 2 Lots

Medium: 2 Lots

Large: 5 Lots

Guild Hall: 5 Lots

The above does not make much sense in my opinion.

I was thinking more like:

Medium: 3 Lots

Large: 4 Lots

I want to get feedback on the proposed change to the lots, so feel to comment. ;)

They are currently set to:

Small House: 150, Medium House: 150, Large House: 250, Guild Hall: 250

I don't want to get too crazy with the values, here's what I'm thinking:

Small House: 250, Medium House: 500, Large House: 1000, Guild Hall: 1500

As an interior decorator, i think this would be amazing. It leaves room for item storage as well as decoration. That's usually the problem. You get a house decorated, but then you have to place another to store things such as materials for crafting, or clothing because you have 100 outfits!

I was thinking something along those lines.

Current is:

Medium: 2 Lots

Large: 5 Lots

The above does not make much sense in my opinion.

I was thinking more like:

Medium: 3 Lots

Large: 4 Lots

I want to get feedback on the proposed change to the lots, so feel to comment. ;)

This makes sense and I would love to see this pushed to live.

Did anything get done with item storage increase in the last patch? My medium house still has a 200 item limit so I'm assuming not... any idea on an eta? I think I mistakenly made the assumption that this was in the last patch.

Which reminds me, we had a patch but the patch notes forum is still empty?

Priam, I believe the patch notes you were referring to are related to the test sever. Once the testing is complete it will be brought to live.

Ah, yup another assumption on my part, launcher released but no patching yet.

Can we revisit this for NGE housing? they still have their same item limits as on live. Considering everyone voted yes to increase it except for one person, I can't see a reason to keep them low. It doesn't affect balancing of the game at all, and is simply convenience. A mustafarian bunker for example, can only store 500 items at the moment. It has 6 major rooms, and many hallways, not including the entry level. This is hardly enough storage if you are interested in decorating at all, and is a three-story structure.

Please consider changing the values for item limit on NGE houses.

Agreed. I'm just getting started decorating my bunker. With my crafting resources inside, I will barely be able to do anything.

Housing limits were already increased. Its set up to go by lot size, so If we up the limits, the bunker would go up in lot size.

In hindsight, I should of made the bunker 5 lots when I originally increased house storage. It is a big house...