Jedi Robe Change - Opinions Wanted

Aso

Should each rank of Jedi Robe get a stat increase?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should each rank of Jedi Robe get a stat increase?

• Yes, robe stats should increment as you gain rank.
    • No, robes show stay as they are.

One thing I thought that never made much sense was the fact that all the different Jedi Robes all have the same stats. Currently, all robes from Padawan to Council Member all give the same stats of: +250 Force Power Max and +10 Force Regen. Right now, the robes only give you the benefit of, hey look at me!

What do you guys think of small incremental increases to each robe, as you rank up:

Example:

Padawan Robe: +250 Force Power Max and +10 Force Regen

Knight Robe: +275 and +12 Force Regen

Jedi Sentinel Robe / Dark Jedi Enforcer Robe : +300 and +14 Force Regen

Jedi Consular Robe / Dark Jedi Templar Robe: +325 and +16 Force Regen

Jedi Arbiter Robe / Dark Jedi Oppressor Robe: +350 and +18 Force Regen

Jedi Council Member Robe / Dark Jedi Council Member Robe: +375 and +20 Force Regen

The above values are just examples, not set in stone numbers. I'm posting this poll to get community opinion on the idea itself.

Edited by Aso

I'm against it for the sheer fact that the FRS adds its own modifiers to Force Power. An additional +1950 at Rank 11 plus an additional 375?

Meh.

It wouldn't be an additional 375. It would be an additional 125 with Council Member robes over current values.

Correct, an additional +375 on top of the added FRS bonuses. So, at Rank 10, it's +1510 PLUS the +375 (+250 base and +125 added value) giving a dual master at Rank 10 (with robe equipped) 9,260 Force.

Indeed, going off the theoretical example above.

Once voted on, numbers can be finalized if we end up going that way. It may only just be force regen that's increased. Numbers and stats are just an example at this time.

• 1 month later...

Why are we even talking about this, the FRS system is only giving negative FRS exp lol. Negative as in you will never see these extra robe types. There will likely NEVER be anything over rank 1! Not even killing master BH gives FRS anymore lol but them killing you takes 2000 FRS...., and all the dark jedi knights are hiding so honestly... Please spend this time fixing FRS system and not adding more stuff that will never see the light of the SWG day lol.

It would be cool but not needed. What would be fun is robe customization!

A better idea, since it doesn't affect balance.

FRS enhanced robes would affect balance. Look at the lightsaber block nerf and changes to BH-- people are hiding in houses now! You've removed the ability for players to not be forced into PVP with those changes.

Please don't alter the game balance any more!

A better idea, since it doesn't affect balance.

FRS enhanced robes would affect balance. Look at the lightsaber block nerf and changes to BH-- people are hiding in houses now! You've removed the ability for players to not be forced into PVP with those changes.

Please don't alter the game balance any more!

Ive hunted plenty of Jedi not in houses.

Balance needs to be tweaked until its right. it takes trial and error to achieve the best balance. So to say don't mess with it, is saying you want imbalance.

Oh. I completely agree. That's why I'm focusing on balance in the next update. A lot of the stuff from default code is not right or implemented out of the box. Jedi being a great example.

If you look at recent commits over there, a lot of stuff is now just being done. Which of course complicates my job of making what we've already done work with the newer stuff. A lot of merge conflicts and rewrites to be done. The next update is going to take some major testing to say the least. :D

I dont disagree changes can be made.....but....

Good luck trying to cap an enhancer with a force pool the size of a Buick.

It's already tough to beat a ranked enhanced or defender in the FRS-- or heal through a ranked powers.

Steepening the angle by which jedi get stronger is only going to make it tougher to get rank is all I'm saying.

The real question is: Why? Why mess with this at this point? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

I dont disagree changes can be made.....but....

Good luck trying to cap an enhancer with a force pool the size of a Buick.

It's already tough to beat a ranked enhanced or defender in the FRS-- or heal through a ranked powers.

Steepening the angle by which jedi get stronger is only going to make it tougher to get rank is all I'm saying.

The real question is: Why? Why mess with this at this point? What is it you are trying to accomplish?

Because you can. meh still like the idea seems to have support.

I am new to jedi, never played jedi in live. So, I am not as familiar with them as others. But, in my experience there are too many downsides to wearing the robes. No protection (defensive or armor rating,) can't wear a backpack, can't wear boots, or pants.

I am okay with leaving the stats the same if the robes are not "onesies" anymore. Make them take both chest slots (so we cant wear the robes and a duster jacket), but let us wear boots and pants. And for the love of the universe let us wear backpacks!

The bonuses are too weak to make up for the sacrifices in gear.

I am just passing mention of this as it reminded me while I was reading another thread.

If we do indeed put this through, this would permit the issue with the 24 FS SP to be negated, what I mean by that is that if we permit these robe changes it will imbalance Jedi. For instance, we all know the recent issue with Jedi and Novice Brawler, if this passed through Jedi could effectively keep that and make up the lack of Force Power and potentially unbalance the system itself.

Something to keep in mind.

There are other alternatives that could be put into place to avoid unbalancing. For example, if you're wearing robes, you lose the ability to use all non-jedi skills.

Another could be that all non-jedi skills take double the points to learn, so you would have to drop skills much more quickly upon becoming a jedi in the first place.

Edited by FirewarriorSWG