Player Bounties

Aso

Should player bounties be implemented?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should player bounties be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is to gauge community interest in a player bounty system that's separate from the Jedi visibility bounty system. This system would give you the option of placing a bounty on the head of another player who kills you in PvP combat.

Before voting, please read the example so you know what's being proposed:

Player A kills Player B. Player B gets a pop up box asking if they would like add a bounty on Player A for 100K credits (just an example amount). Player B selects yes and it subtracts the credits. Player A is then added to the terminal with a reward of 100k (just an example amount), after a set amount of time, they will be removed from the terminal.

Please discuss in the following thread, since there is already a discussion going on about the subject of player bounties:

http://swgreckoning.com/showthread.php?1158-Player-Bounties-for-PvP-kills&p=6116#post6116

Edited by Aso

I also want to note that great thought will go into making Jedi more lucrative to hunt vs normal player bounties. One thing I don't want to do is take away from the original visibility system in any way. I still want that to be the main focus of any bounty hunting that takes place.

If you're worried about it being exploited in some way, state what your worried about. That way I can alleviate concerns or make it better in the end. Just saying your worried doesn't help me know what about. :D

As to others posts, it will be BH only as it is now. I just don't see much point in taking what Bounty Hunters very job is and allowing everyone to do it.

If this does end up being implemented, look at it as a trial run. If it ends up being a bad system, we can just turn it off.

I'm making the whole thing configurable, so it really will be as easy as changing playerBountySystemEnabled = true to false.

The only way people could exploit this is if someone finds a loop hole in the system. Like jedi bounties not removing from the terms once a jedi is killed. This lead to one person greifing people over and over. It became not about the pvp and more about the greif. This system should not cause any issues. Its so very simple. If you dont want to pvp dont PVP. Only the people Pvping will have a chance to make the terms. However we all know every system has its bugs. Luckily on this server right now most players are people not interested in greifing just having fun PVPing.

The only other thing i hearing people talk about is players exploiting to get credits but again most people are very cool and i think will follow rules.

I believe this will make the server better and am very glad we are going to try it.

Edited by bigbenz

A player runs actively looking for TEF'd players and kills them. Say he kills eight players and each one puts 100k bounties on him. He tabs to his alt BH, gets the mission, goes to his alt with bounty and kills him gaining 800k creds. Thats just one exploit I seen used in live and one way to circumvent the system. Another is to inform a friend that has a BH to check if he has a bounty, who then gets the mission, takes out his character and splits the money with him. Wash rinse repeat often. These are the kind of things that people may try to do. While the second is harder due to the low population, the first might be viable unless the system is set up to prevent you from hunting your alts.

A player runs actively looking for TEF'd players and kills them. Say he kills eight players and each one puts 100k bounties on him. He tabs to his alt BH, gets the mission, goes to his alt with bounty and kills him gaining 800k creds. Thats just one exploit I seen used in live and one way to circumvent the system. Another is to inform a friend that has a BH to check if he has a bounty, who then gets the mission, takes out his character and splits the money with him. Wash rinse repeat often. These are the kind of things that people may try to do. While the second is harder due to the low population, the first might be viable unless the system is set up to prevent you from hunting your alts.

Thanks for elaborating. First, there can only be one bounty on one person at a time, just as with Jedi now. The person wont even get the option to place a bounty if the killer is already on the terms.

As to the BH picking up their alts missions, there's already a system in place to stop that. Alt missions don't appear on the terminal as is. I did this a while ago because we had BH's clearing their Jedi from the terms.

Edited by Aso

I disagree entirely with this.

First and foremost the system that was implemented in the NGE was terrible and it actually caused a good amount of griefing because people would target entertainers or other characters that might be had to go overt for a minor purpose.

Two, it's silly honestly. It really sorry we have a mission here that, while I agree we can add minor things here and there, this is fundamentally altering the game. Cool, it's iconic and it's cool to some but overall it alters the entire state of the game. If we want to become like every other server out there, I'll just stop playing SWG all together.

Three, it actually ruins PvP. How? Now players have to worry about being killed post PvP because they killed someone PvP. That's stupid as hell. Again if you're going with the iconic argument I ask you check out another server. It'll lead to massive griefing because players will be unbuffed and doing something else to be killed after PvP takes place.

Let's leave 14.1 with minor additions. This, game breaking and will lead us down the dark road to Bloodfin and the other crap servers that are failing. Oh plus let's not break PvP more

First and foremost the system that was implemented in the NGE was terrible and it actually caused a good amount of griefing because people would target entertainers or other characters that might be had to go overt for a minor purpose.

Two, it's silly honestly. It really sorry we have a mission here that, while I agree we can add minor things here and there, this is fundamentally altering the game. Cool, it's iconic and it's cool to some but overall it alters the entire state of the game. If we want to become like every other server out there, I'll just stop playing SWG all together.

Three, it actually ruins PvP. How? Now players have to worry about being killed post PvP because they killed someone PvP. That's stupid as hell. Again if you're going with the iconic argument I ask you check out another server. It'll lead to massive griefing because players will be unbuffed and doing something else to be killed after PvP takes place.

Let's leave 14.1 with minor additions. This, game breaking and will lead us down the dark road to Bloodfin and the other crap servers that are failing. Oh plus let's not break PvP more

I totally disagree The bounty system wasn't an NGE thing it was brought back. In the corpse run days there was a bounty system.

- My rebuttal ENTERTAINERS, DOCs artisans are not death blowing people so they don't get bounties ever.

- Friendly PvP you don't have to put up a bounty so not an issue.

You do get a bounty on you when your an ass and pick a guy off soloing a base and you DB him.

You're a walking, talking, cockblock!!

1.) Okay, well i guess the good news is I think you can let this objection go as Aso has addressed it in this thread already. We aren't getting the NGE system, feel better?

2.) You know the game was hopelessly broken even in the state we are trying to emulate, right? That's why they implemented something as radical as the CU in the first place. Is it really your position that despite all the support for this idea, and all the fun people could have with it, that because it wasn't in pre-cu we can't have it here? That's your contribution? Give me a break. And you think we are the ones being silly?

3.)You're going to have to elaborate on how this ruins PvP if you want the objection to be taken seriously. This system facilitates more PvP. How are you thinking it gets ruined? Because to me it seems like a system like this helps facilitate more pvp.

You have "three" paragraphs above but you really only have one thought:

"I don't like this because it isn't exactly like Pre-cu."

Why would you put a hard "cap" on the fun we could have? And do it so arbitrarily.

I think some of what fire is saying is if i only want to pvp for a little while, i have that option currently.

If someone can just pick up a mission and re-kill me sometime later, i might not be as willing to pvp in the first place.

I think this is how it would detract from pvp, rather than support it.

I think some of what fire is saying is if i only want to pvp for a little while, i have that option currently.

If someone can just pick up a mission and re-kill me sometime later, i might not be as willing to pvp in the first place.

I think this is how it would detract from pvp, rather than support it.

Then kill incap him and dont DEATHBLOW him the system revolves around you actually sending someone to the cloner. It also depends on you actually having the guy put a bounty on you he doesnt have to. The only people affected are those that killed someone else not anyone else so kill someone and well they may have someone come kill you then its over.... So if your opposed just dont DB.

Again it wasnt an NGE thing it was on Live in the early days with corpse run etc. If its like that system it was fun and enjoyable.

You're right, I want a 14.1 experience. I didn't come here to have crazy features that aren't 14.1 and become a Bloodfin. 100%. You're entitled to your opinion and I am to mine.

This will literally causing griefing that everyone was so high and mighty complaining about when we implemented the FRS. It's stupid, PvP should be limited to those periods because once it's leaves that short realm...it'll be chaos.

You're a walking, talking, cockblock!!

1.) Okay, well i guess the good news is I think you can let this objection go as Aso has addressed it in this thread already. We aren't getting the NGE system, feel better?

2.) You know the game was hopelessly broken even in the state we are trying to emulate, right? That's why they implemented something as radical as the CU in the first place. Is it really your position that despite all the support for this idea, and all the fun people could have with it, that because it wasn't in pre-cu we can't have it here? That's your contribution? Give me a break. And you think we are the ones being silly?

3.)You're going to have to elaborate on how this ruins PvP if you want the objection to be taken seriously. This system facilitates more PvP. How are you thinking it gets ruined? Because to me it seems like a system like this helps facilitate more pvp.

You have "three" paragraphs above but you really only have one thought:

"I don't like this because it isn't exactly like Pre-cu."

Why would you put a hard "cap" on the fun we could have? And do it so arbitrarily.

This is the smartest man on this server. I agree with everything you just said. Pre-Cu was an incredibly broken game. Fun but broken. The CU and the NGE added very nice elements and polish that would be nice to have implemented alongside the best aspects we loved about pre-cu.