Jedi Robe Change - Opinions Wanted

Aso

Should each rank of Jedi Robe get a stat increase?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should each rank of Jedi Robe get a stat increase?

• Yes, robe stats should increment as you gain rank.
    • No, robes show stay as they are.

Yes, it would take coding. Balance takes coding, and tweaking code.

Adding a 24 point system like you are suggesting also takes coding.

I'm just saying, there's multiple ways to solve a problem, and one way can be as good as another way, if the end result is balanced game-play.

Yes, it would take coding. Balance takes coding, and tweaking code.

Adding a 24 point system like you are suggesting also takes coding.

I'm just saying, there's multiple ways to solve a problem, and one way can be as good as another way, if the end result is balanced game-play.

That does take coding, but this suggestion would sincerely unbalance that. That's my stance on the issue.

I agree. I dont see a big issue with extra force but the regen can be game breaking. You already get a huge buff from wearing the robes from force regen. If you increase force regen you effectively lower the force cost on abilities. Right now with a 6 FC saber i can spam dervish 2 with little to no force cost. With more regen you might be able to use a 4th gen saber with no FC.

I know some people think the robes dont do much but they do a lot as it is right now.

I am just passing mention of this as it reminded me while I was reading another thread.

If we do indeed put this through, this would permit the issue with the 24 FS SP to be negated, what I mean by that is that if we permit these robe changes it will imbalance Jedi. For instance, we all know the recent issue with Jedi and Novice Brawler, if this passed through Jedi could effectively keep that and make up the lack of Force Power and potentially unbalance the system itself.

Something to keep in mind.

It would be nice to have a backpack but you add a slot for a bando which is 4 extra slots for CAs. If you can make it so they ONLY wear back packs thats fine. But the extra sockets would lead to a imbalance.

There are other alternatives that could be put into place to avoid unbalancing. For example, if you're wearing robes, you lose the ability to use all non-jedi skills.

Another could be that all non-jedi skills take double the points to learn, so you would have to drop skills much more quickly upon becoming a jedi in the first place.

• 2 months later...

I voted yes to robe stat increases, but I'm sorta not for it. What I would like to see is customization over function. I always hated that robes took over BE slots and armor. I don't care about a robe as a player, I do however want some other form of "jedi". Maybe I want to wear hotpants.

I voted yes, but not for what was asked in poll if that makes sense lol.

I vote yes to FRS giving a bonus (Not the robes), and yes to a change to the robes, but not what's stated. (I do like the idea of them being reviewed and updated though)

Yes to FRS Bonus, and Yes to robes being changed into an item like a CA when drag n' dropped onto a clothing chest piece. The Robe modifiers are then applied to the chest piece and consumed like a CA. I've never agreed with the fact we have robes in the first place, the time period is supposed to be one of concealment.

"HERE I AM I R JEDI" as you walk around in robes is just weird to me, but that's just my opinion.

Yes to FRS Bonus, and Yes to robes being changed into an item like a CA when drag n' dropped onto a clothing chest piece. The Robe modifiers are then applied to the chest piece and consumed like a CA. I've never agreed with the fact we have robes in the first place, the time period is supposed to be one of concealment.

That actually sounds like a good idea, however if you converted the robe to a CA set for regular clothing, how would you handle robe replacement on the shrine/frs terms? The only way I could see that would be to have a SUI List Box popup on the FRS Term to select your piece of clothing(s) with the CA's attached and convert them back into a robe. There would also need to be a trigger in the code incase you accidentally delete your clothing with the CA set on them for whatever reason.

That actually sounds like a good idea, however if you converted the robe to a CA set for regular clothing, how would you handle robe replacement on the shrine/frs terms? The only way I could see that would be to have a SUI List Box popup on the FRS Term to select your piece of clothing(s) with the CA's attached and convert them back into a robe. There would also need to be a trigger in the code incase you accidentally delete your clothing with the CA set on them for whatever reason.

Other servers allow you to have more than one robe, so I don't think this is an issue.

Other servers allow you to have more than one robe, so I don't think this is an issue.

Yeah, but then a player could just keep converting robes and have all socketed clothing items equippable with +250 max and +10 regen.

Yeah, but then a player could just keep converting robes and have all socketed clothing items equippable with +250 max and +10 regen.

Why it would be chest only, could make it a specific shirt or item to wear under clothing, doesn't have to be a "CA" in particular.

I voted yes, but not for what was asked in poll if that makes sense lol.

I vote yes to FRS giving a bonus (Not the robes), and yes to a change to the robes, but not what's stated. (I do like the idea of them being reviewed and updated though)

"HERE I AM I R JEDI" as you walk around in robes is just weird to me, but that's just my opinion.

That's why it should cause massive visibility.

Why it would be chest only, could make it a specific shirt or item to wear under clothing, doesn't have to be a "CA" in particular.

Ah ok, yeah I missed that part in your original post, my mistake.

That's why it should cause massive visibility.

Ah yes a cap would work also, would give player choice if they can pick the chest piece they want while allowing the proper controls to curtail the bonuses.

I think why don't we cross that bridge when we have someone at those ranks and see if it would make it too OP. Because until there is a path to get that much FRS and keep up with the daily maintenance, it's not likely we will see these anyway :D

• 2 weeks later...

if we are going to be discussing how it was in 14.1 though in terms of robe use ... I'd rather see all of these bonuses and stats put on the character rather than on the clothing .. that way we could wear our own outfits and not lose the bonuses. Only bonus not on charater would be force pool from ranked robes not being included on character but on the clothing.